Level 3 HACCP – (Intermediate HACCP)
A 2-day Level 3 HACCP training course leading to the RSPH/HABC Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing.
This course provides managers and key supervisors with an excellent grounding in HACCP principles and methodology. They will gain the understanding and awareness necessary to design and implement an effective HACCP system. Ideally all HACCP team members should complete this course before commencing a HACCP study.
Participants should hold at least a Level 2 hygiene or food safety qualification and possess a good working knowledge of their industry sector.
Course Structure & Content
- The Importance of Food Safety
- The Role and Benefits of HACCP
- Legal Obligations
- The Principles of HACCP
- The Practical Application of HACCP
- Designing the Plan (including group exercises)
- The Team Approach
- Hazard Analysis Methodology
- Identification of Critical Control Points
- Monitoring Procedures
- The Codex CCP Decision Tree
- A short, work based assignment to be completed prior to the course.
- Presentation by participants of work-based assignments and group discussion
- Verification and maintenance of HACCP systems
- Management of HACCP systems
- Examination – RSPH/HABC Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing (also suitable for caterers) The exam is taken at the end of Day 2
RSPH/HABC Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing(also suitable for caterers)
- 90 minute examination consisting of 45 short answer questions (multiple choice),
- Successful candidates will achieve either a Pass or Distinction,
- The exam is taken at the end of Day 2.