3-day course accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
The broad content of this course ensures catering managers, supervisors and key workers receive a good understanding of all aspects of nutrition and health, leading to a recognised qualification – the Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Healthier Food and Special Diets. This course will enable potential managers to move towards the Diploma level qualification.
Course Structure & Content
- Factors affecting food intake and choice
- Sources and function of nutrients
- Energy needs and identification of energy sources
- Nutritional requirements of specific groups
- Importance of a balanced diet
- Effect of diet on health
- Development of food-related illnesses
- Promotion of Healthy Eating
The examination consists of forty multiple-choice questions to be answered within two hours.
Your course fee includes:
- RSPH examination fee and certificate